Getting Ready for Your First Trip to New York City Is Lots of Fun
You never dreamt that you would spend the weeks before Spring Break looking for Broadway shows tickets on sale. In the past, your Spring Break has been spent on the beach, enjoying the sun and reading books. This year, however, your husband told you that if you could find Broadway shows tickets on sale he would book the flight to New York and make the hotel reservations. And while you definitely love the beach, you have never been to New York before. The beach has always been cheaper, and more easy to work into your budget.
After working some extra shifts at work, though, your husband says that you have a little more of a budget to work with when you have your week off from teaching. Armed with all kinds of details about many of the shows that you most want to see and a tip on the best website to buy Broadway tickets, you have done your research and actually have a way to get to see three shows during your first ever trip to The Big Apple.
Consider some of these facts about some of the most popular shows on Broadway and the impact that these ticket sales have on the nation’s economy:
- Broadway Theaters, by definition, must have a seating capacity of 500 seats or more.
- Revenue from Broadway shows in New York during the 2015-2016 theatre season, reached approximately $1.37 billion.
- One of the statistics that may not come as a surprise is that approximately 70% of Broadway tickets are purchased by tourists.
- According to a 2016 survey conducted by Nielsen Scarborough, over 47 million Americans had attended a live theatre event within the past month.
- Disney?s production of The Lion King is the first Broadway show to gross $1 billion in revenue.
- When it grossed $3.3 million for an eight performance week, Hamilton set a Broadway box office record for the most money grossed in a single week in New York City in late November 2016.
- Another important part of the performing arts market in the U.S., not-for-profit professional theatres have attendance rates that exceeded $30 million a year.
- You can have a more affordable and enjoyable vacation if you take the time to look for money saving options before you head to New York City.
If you are looking forward to your first ever trip to BROADWAY, it is important that you spend some time planning. From knowing where to find Broadway shows tickets on sale to booking tickets for other local attractions, it is important to plan ahead.